14. Do I Have To Work For A Company Once Licensed?

The short answer to this question would be: Yes.

In the state of Texas, you cannot work as a freelancer, as it is a Class-A misdemeanor which is an arrestable offence to do so.

You must be working for either a licensed security agency or you can work for a private business that has what they call a “Private Business Letter of Authority” from DPS to run their own in-house security department. You cannot take your security guard pocket cards and go around and start soliciting services on your own.

At TCTA, we go through the entire licensing process and cover all the do’s and don’ts in all of our classes. We will leave no questions unanswered at the end of our courses. Please check our schedule and feel free to sign up online at any time – we will get you going in the right direction!